With 33 ratings
By: Mario Casciaro and Luciano Mammino
Purchased At: $45.00 (9 used & new offers)
Get the best out of Node.js by mastering its most powerful components and patterns to create modular and scalable applications with ease
- Create reusable patterns and modules by leveraging the new features of Node.js .
- Understand the asynchronous single thread design of node and grasp all its features and patterns to take advantage of various functions.
- This unique guide will help you get the most out of Node.js and its ecosystem.
In this book, we will take you on a journey across various ideas and components, and the challenges you would commonly encounter while designing and developing software using the Node.js platform. You will also discover the "Node.js way" of dealing with design and coding decisions.
What You Will Learn
- Become comfortable with writing asynchronous code by leveraging constructs such as callbacks, promises, generators and the async-await syntax
- Identify the most important concerns and apply unique tricks to achieve higher scalability and modularity in your Node.js application
- Untangle your modules by organizing and connecting them coherently
- Reuse well-known techniques to solve common design and coding issues
Who this book is for
Basic knowledge of Node.js is also helpful to get the most out of this book.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to the Node.js Platform
- Node.js Essential Patterns
- Asynchronous Control Flow Patterns with Callbacks
- Asynchronous Control Flow Patterns with ES2015 and Beyond
- Coding with Streams
- Design Patterns
- Wiring Modules
- Advanced Asynchronous Recipes
- Scalability and Architectural Patterns
- Messaging and Integration Patterns